Thursday, February 21, 2013

Divine Dining Table and 4 Chairs

How can it be?  How can such a homely looking antique table and chairs look so forlorn, but after adding some paint, using lots of elbow grease, and tacking on new fabric (aka TLC) it look so beautiful?  Indeed this is a "from rags to riches" story.  Mom picked this up from a middle aged man's sale, it was his mother's set from long ago, Mom could see the amazing potential.  I could kick myself for not getting the "before" pictures but this piece was in storage for a while before we had the time to get to it and then my dear sister Heather (who does all the painting) whisked it off before I knew it.  Oh well, you will just have to take my word for it.  Okay, now on to the pictures of the finished product.    

Dimensions: 58" X 40"
1 captains chair and 3 regular chairs

SOLD
$550











2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this look, I have an older table and chairs and have been debating whether or not to paint them, after seeing this I think I will.

Amber said...

You'll have to send us a picture when you get yours painted, have fun!!!!